The CrossFit Open exercise 21.1 is out and there are numerous tips an athlete ought to comply with to efficiently submit a legitimate rating on-line and begin competing with folks worldwide.
Do I must submit a video recording? Do I would like a decide’s validation? Can I carry out the 21.1 exercise on their own? How do I rely the minutes within the video? What occurs after I submit my rating?
Worry not. Your solutions are right here. For extra in-depth info, you’ll be able to learn 2021 CrossFit Video games rulebook.
How can I submit my CrossFit Open 21.1 Exercise Rating?
Athletes can submit their rating on-line right here. Log in and comply with the steps to submit your 21.1 exercise rating.
What’s the Deadline to Submit the 21.1 Exercise Rating?
Athletes have till Monday 5pm PT to submit their scores on-line.
Discover the deadline to submit your rating based mostly in your timezone
Do I Must Submit a Recording of Me Finishing the 21.1 Exercise?
Not essentially. You may carry out 21.1 exercise at a CrossFit affiliate. As soon as a non-video rating has been submitted, it have to be formally validated by an affiliate supervisor from the field the place the exercise was carried out.
Affiliate managers should go the web Judges Course annually to have the ability to validate an athlete’s rating in 2021 CrossFit Open. The affiliate managers have 48 hours following the shut of an Open occasion to validate scores.
Athletes can solely compete in 2021 CrossFit Open by way of video submission or with a rating validated by an affiliate supervisor.
Can a Coach Validate My Exercise at My Personal Home?
Sure. Nonetheless, the affiliate supervisor who validates your 21.1 exercise efficiency have to be a employees on the similar field you might be affiliated with.
Once more, the coach will need to have handed the web Judges Course to have the ability to validate an athlete’s rating in 2021 CrossFit Open.
Affiliate managers might not validate scores for athletes who carry out an Open occasion at dwelling and should not members of that affiliate.
Can I Full CrossFit Open 21.1 Exercise Alone?
Sadly not. CrossFit Video games rulebook says that athletes submitting movies “ought to have somebody monitor their motion through the occasion”, though that particular person doesn’t should be a CrossFit coach or athlete, it may be anybody.
You also needs to movie your exercise in case your rating requires validation.
The video must comply with guidelines and is subjected to being re-evaluated by the CrossFit Video games inner evaluation crew.
- The video should present the athlete performing the actions in a transparent method.
- Angles, distances, or lighting results that don’t permit the inner evaluation crew to guage can lead to rating penalties or invalidation.
- Fisheye lenses should not allowed for use for video recordings because of the visible distortion they create.
How Do I Time My CrossFit Open 21.1 Exercise?
A timer have to be current always when submitting a video recording of 21.1 exercise.
A superb various, if you’re recording the actions alone, is to make use of the Wodproof app that permits you to document movies whereas sustaining a stopwatch on the display screen.
Do I must Put on One thing Particular?
CrossFit Video games rulebook particularly mentions that the athlete’s apparel mustn’t intervene with the decide’s view.
If a decide can’t verify the athlete is assembly the motion requirements, the submitted rating could also be altered or invalidated.
I Submitted the Video, Now What?
After submitting the CrossFit Open 21.1 exercise video, it will likely be reviewed by CrossFit Video games inner crew.
4 outcomes could also be utilized to an athlete’s video submission.
- Good video: the athlete meets the required motion requirements on all repetitions within the occasion and the rating posted is right. The rating is accepted.
- Legitimate with minor penalty: all through the video, the athlete demonstrates a small variety of “no reps”. A minor penalty can be utilized and a rating adjustment can be made to the athlete’s closing rating.
- Legitimate with main penalty: within the video, the athlete demonstrates a big variety of “no reps” that lead to a quicker time or larger rating for a given occasion. A significant penalty can be utilized to the athlete’s closing rating.
- Invalid: over the course of the video, the athlete fails to finish the occasion as required, a big and unacceptable variety of reps carried out are “no reps”, or the video doesn’t meet the submission requirements. The athlete’s rating could also be rejected and the video faraway from the CrossFit Video games web site. The athlete might submit a brand new video earlier than the deadline.
The 2021 CrossFit Open
The CrossFit Open is a three-week on-line competitors that brings collectively athletes world wide. It marks the beginning of the CrossFit season and is step one in the direction of qualifying to the CrossFit Video games.
The Open is the biggest participatory sporting occasion on this planet and athletes from all means ranges and backgrounds full three exercises over three weeks. The occasion brings the CrossFit neighborhood collectively and is a time of non-public bests.
All CrossFit Open exercises are launched on a Thursday at 5pm PT and scores have to be submitted by the next Monday. CrossFit will announce the exercises reside, and the reveal can be adopted by two high athletes throwing down head-to-head.
The 2021 CrossFit Open is essentially the most inclusive Open thus far. Along with the same old RX and Scaled divisions, CrossFit has added Foundations and Tools Free divisions, in addition to eight adaptive divisions.
The CrossFit Open kicked off on March 11 and runs till March 29.
You may nonetheless signup in time to finish CrossFit Open 21.1 exercise and compete with folks world wide.